Thursday, December 30, 2010

illustration friday~winter


ok...i'm so biased here. but this week's i.f. theme might be my favorite! I LOVE WINTER..LOVE IT!!! this illustration was meant to be made into a rubber stamp, but time did not allow for it. oh well, there's always next year:) i sketched it first in pencil and then hand-inked it with my good ole' rapidograph pens...the BEST!:) i am hoping to turn it into a full-blown color painting SOON!
below are a few other sketches and designs i felt fit the topic of "winter". did mention it's my favorite season...?;)


5 comments:

  1. Love ‘em all Nicole! They would make great rubber stamps. Your characters are so adorable. Trying to pick a fave... but they are all great. Great work my new FB friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh and I love the scarf you made for Kate!!! Beautiful! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...i thought the name sounded familiar when i accepted the fb request. thank you for your sweet sweet words and for your friendship:)
    all of the best blessings to you in 2011!
    p.s. kate is the BEST and i am so lucky to call her my friend. she truly is an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all adorable! I especially like the little girl making the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you beth anne! that one is my favorite as well:) painting it right now actually...

    ReplyDelete