Friday, September 30, 2011

WINTER 2011/2012 COVER SKETCH FOR SFC MAGAZINE


here is my APPROVED sketch for the winter 2011/2012 cover for stories for children magazine www.storiesforchildrenmagazine.com. i am so excited to have been given this opportunity to have my work showcased on the cover of such a wonderful magazine for children. the art director, rosemarie www.rosemariegillen.com, has just been so amazing to me in the last few months, allowing me to do an illustration for each issue. i absolutely love contributing and i love the challenge that each new piece brings.
this piece has a special place in my heart. as everyone who knows me knows i am CRAZY about WINTER! seriously. i love it all...snow, ice, cold air, winter sports...all of the wonders of winter. and december is my favorite month of the year. i swear i could probably live in an igloo and be ecstatically happy (yeah, i love winter THAT much)!
i wanted to convey the playfulness of childhood in winter and what better way than to illustrate a group of cute little multi-cultural kids building a snowman...and a cute snowman at that;) teamwork at it's best!
thank you again to rosemarie for being so sweet to me and for giving me all of the opportunities she has in the last few months to work with her and her team at such a great publication!

No comments:

Post a Comment