Thursday, October 8, 2009

frieda's fairy princess...and off to germany!!! and ironically, this week's new illustration friday topic of "flying"!


here is a sweet little fairy princess for my boyfriend's niece freida who lives in germany. we are going there this coming wednesday (oct. 14th) for his brother's wedding. i thought it would be a nice gesture to make frieda this sweet little princess...i am hoping she loves it:) i am nervous beyond belief!!! NEVER been out of the country and his family speaks NO ENGLISH!!! i guess i won't be saying much for 5 days, huh?;)
it will be a whirlwind of a trip to say the least. we land in amsterdam on thurs morn and take a train to germany to his parents then to a hotel to stay for the night before the wedding. friday is the wedding, saturday back to another hotel in amsterdam and then...the HIGHLIGHT of my LIFE...the van gogh museum on sunday!!! i am still in shock that i will be going there...it's all i have ever wanted to see my whole life and it is so sweet of carsten to take me there:) and then, home on monday! definitely going to be a whirlwind...but so worth it:)
this weekend i will be painting another fairy princess for my girlfriend laura's little girl mia:) i am hoping that painting will help take away some of my nervous energy and anxiety about the flight/trip on wednesday!!!
just an update- saw this week's new i.f. topic is "flying"...figured this piece was appropriate;) enjoy:))))

9 comments:

  1. Aww the fairy princess looks cute. I love her. ^^*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much:))) i love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little fairy is really cute ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks rouge:) i could paint those little fairies all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. A beautiful fairy painting that I am sure will be much appreciated. Bon voyage for a great exciting trip. The added bonus of seeing Van Gogh. I look forward to your thoughts of what you see. I find him an interesting artist too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for the kind words and well wishes gai:) i am busting at the seams to see van gogh in his own musuem!!!! my whole life that has been my #1 place to visit!!!i am OBSESSED with that man! i can't wait to post all my pics:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet she is! I really like your header too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much shirley:) i am actually thinking of doing a series of these little fairies...one for each month and having them be birthstone fairies...any feedback?

    ReplyDelete