Thursday, October 4, 2012

trick or treat, love pippa...and licorice :)

welcoming in fall is my sweet little character pippa...and her black bird friend licorice. pippa (who we all know is really ME-hence the uggs she usually has on) is dressed in her pumpkin costume and ready to hand out candy to all the little trick or treaters at the pumpkin patch. with the help of licorice, of course....;)

i wanted to do a painting of this, but time does not really allow for it. so...i took out my favorite *tools*...the tinted graphite pencils by derwent. OMG....i am so in love with these pencils. it's ironic because i seem to be known for (for a lack of a better phrase) for my use of bright and bold color in my paintings. yet, i am totally crazy about the look of tinted graphite. and, i'm truly a pencil girl at heart so these pencils really make me happy. AND...they are water soluble as well, so i often use a water brush pen (like a did here) filled with clear water and very gently add some water to the drawing and....POOF....magic!:)

anyway, not that i have gone off on my tangent about these pencils, i want to say that pippa here is available FOR SALE as a LIMITED EDITION print in my etsy shop found here
https://www.etsy.com/listing/111274719/trick-or-treat-love-pippa-and-licorice

and because i like to "share the love", here's a link to the FAB derwent graphitint pencils. if you try them, leave me a comment, as i would love to hear your feedback on them!
http://www.pencils.co.uk/product.aspx?mid=733

happy (early) halloween! love, pippa/me...and licorice ;)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment